Liposuction in Chicago and Arlington Heights, IL
Liposuction has been around for decades, but modern technology and advanced techniques have made it more effective than ever. Liposuction is an effective procedure to rid the body of stubborn excess fat for a slimmer, toned appearance. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John A. Kotis offers this cosmetic surgery to residents of Chicago, Arlington Heights, and the surrounding Illinois communities.
What is the Liposuction Procedure?
Dr. Kotis offers liposuction to remove fat that is resistant to diet and exercise. Although liposuction is not a weight-loss method in itself, patients may choose the procedure for a slimmer appearance. During liposuction, a cannula, or thin tube, vacuums out excess fat tissue from areas including the stomach, thighs, back, and arms.
What are the Liposuction Techniques?
At his Chicago office, Dr. Kotis offers two different types of liposuction. He performs both tumescent liposuction and ultrasound-assisted liposuction to remove unwanted fat.
- Tumescent Liposuction– the more liposuction traditional method, can be used for most regions of the body. During a procedure, Dr. Kotis injects a saline solution into the tissue. The solution numbs the area and also works to constrict blood flow. This allows Dr. Kotis to remove the tissue and lessen any risk of blood loss. After a procedure, patients can enjoy a slimmer figure.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction – instead of traditional liposuction, patients may choose ultrasound-assisted liposuction. For this technique, ultrasound waves loosen fat for removal. This works best on specific areas of the body. Ultrasound-assisted liposuction is best known to remove fat from the back and the breast. Patients can opt for this technique if they desire more focused, slimming effects.
What is Recovery from Liposuction Like?
Liposuction is a versatile procedure. It can often be combined with existing procedures or performed alone. Recovery will depend on each individual procedure. Patients may experience some bruising or swelling near the treated areas. These symptoms fade over time. Dr. Kotis can discuss a more detailed recovery process during your consultation.
What are the Benefits of Liposuction?
Liposuction can provide a variety of desirable results for individuals. Some of the benefits of liposuction can include:
- Enhanced body contours
- A more masculine or feminine silhouette
- A slimmer appearance
- Smaller size or a better fit in clothing
- Increased self-esteem
- A more youthful appearance
What is the Cost of Liposuction?
The cost of liposuction varies among patients due to the area, or areas, being treated during the procedure. To best determine the prospective cost of the liposuction procedure you are considering, schedule a consultation with Dr. Kotis at our office.
We honor written quote for procedures from any board certified plastic surgeon. Listed pricing is all inclusive – no hidden fees (includes pre-op, post-op visits and fees for the surgeons, facility, and anesthesia).
We happily accept cash, credit card and check for payment in our office. We also offer Prosper® and CareCredit® financing options to help all patients achieve greater accessibility and affordability for procedures.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John A. Kotis offers safe, effective cosmetic surgery procedures to residents of Chicago, Arlington Heights and surrounding Illinois communities. Contact our office today to learn more.