Tummy Tuck in Chicago and Arlington Heights, IL
Are you frustrated by stubborn fat in the stomach region? The tummy tuck can achieve long-lasting, effective results. Serving residents of Chicago, Arlington Heights and surrounding Illinois communities, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John A. Kotis can help you achieve the body you’ve always wanted.
The Tummy Tuck Procedure
Many patients use exercise and diet to attempt to tone and flatten their stomach. However, sometimes areas become resistant to exercise and diet. For these reasons, patients may choose an abdominoplasty to tone and smooth their stomach features. During an abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, stomach muscles are tightened, and excess skin or fat is removed.
Types of Tummy Tucks
At his Chicago practice, Dr. Kotis offers different types of abdominoplasties. Patients can choose between a complete abdominoplasty or a partial abdominoplasty.
- Complete Abdominoplasty – or full tummy tuck, is the more popular option chosen by patients. During a full tummy tuck, Dr. Kotis removes excess stomach skin and fat. He then tightens the stomach muscles to create a more toned appearance. Two incisions are typical with a full tummy tuck. One is made near the bikini line, the other around the navel.
- Partial Abdominoplasty – requires only the one incision along the bikini line. Dr. Kotis performs a mini tummy tuck on patients who desire removal of excess skin below the belly button. This procedure is performed like a complete abdominoplasty; fat is removed, and skin is tightened. However, unlike a complete procedure, a partial procedure specifically targets the regions below the belly button. Patients can experience more focused results, producing a toned lower abdomen, smaller scar, and quicker recovery.
After an abdominoplasty, Dr. Kotis closes incisions and bandages the area. During recovery, patients also typically wear a compression garment to prevent swelling. After two weeks of healing and care, most patients return to light activity, allowing them to enjoy their new, toned and slimmed abs.
What are the Benefits of Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck?
The full or partial abdominoplasty procedure can provide long-lasting benefits to patients. The benefits of an abdominoplasty include:
- Slimmer midsection
- More toned physique
- More youthful appearance
- Increased self-confidence
- Improved comfort in clothes
- Possibility of a smaller pant and/or dress size
- Enhanced self-image
These results vary among patients, and many individuals say that even more benefits are achievable through this procedure. The results should last for as long as the patient maintains their weight following the surgery. This is typically realistic through diet and exercise.
What is the Cost of a Tummy Tuck in Chicago, IL?
Costs will vary from patient to patient and depending on which abdominoplasty procedure selected. The best way to predict the cost of your individual procedure is to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Kotis.
To enhance the affordability and accessibility of procedures for all patients, we are proud to offer Prosper® and CareCredit® financing options. We happily accept cash, credit card and check for payment on procedures. To learn more about our financing and insurance policies, visit our financing page.
We honor written quote for procedures from any board certified plastic surgeon. Listed pricing is all inclusive – no hidden fees (includes pre-op, post-op visits and fees for the surgeons, facility, and anesthesia).
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John A. Kotis offers safe and effective abdominoplasty procedures to residents of Chicago, Arlington Heights and surrounding Illinois communities. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation and learn how this procedure can benefit you.