8 Reasons to get Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is a popular medspa treatment for smoother, brighter, skin. It is non-invasive process that uses fine crystals to gently remove the thick outer layer of skin. This speeds up the cell cycle, leaving you with newer, healthier skin. Why should you consider microdermabrasion? Microdermabrasion is appealing to a number of patients because it is beneficial regardless of your skin type. It treats a wide array of common skin problems, like sun damage, wrinkles, acne, scarring, rosacea and hyperpigmentation.
- Exfoliation- Microdermabrasion exfoliates skin to remove the superficial top layer of dry skin cells leaving refreshed, newer skin. The professional equipment used by dermatologists is much more effective than at-home treatments.
- Anti Aging- Microdermabrasion has anti aging benefits. It reduces the appearance of age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, providing damage repair for common signs of aging skin.
- Collagen Production- Microdermabrasion stimulates collagen production, leaving you with taut, youthful skin. Collagen is the protein that makes your skin tight and smooth.
- Acne- Microdermabrasion helps treat acne and its especially effective with blackhead removal. With the removal of the outer skin level, topical treatments applied after the procedure are more effective because they can reach lower levels of the skin.
- Scarring- Microdermabrasion reduces the appearance of shallow scars caused by acne or other conditions.
- Minimal downtime- Microdermabrasion is known as a “lunch time treatment” because patients experience no downtime. The recovery is similar to that of a mild sunburn- skin will have some pinkness immediately after the treatment, but will return to normal in under 24 hours.
- Cost- Compared to other facial rejuvenation treatments, microdermabrasion is an affordable treatment. It is significantly less expensive than surgical treatments.
- Safety- Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive treatment that is safe for all skin types and colors. It is safer alternative to dermabrasion, which is a more intensive procedure.
Are you ready to get fresher, younger looking skin with a microdermabrasion treatment? Schedule an appointment with Dr. Kotis, a board certified plastic surgeon serving the Chicago and Arlington areas. Call (847)-250-0350 for the Chicago office and (847)-241-4323 for the Arlington office.