Breast Augmentation in Chicago and Arlington Heights, IL
Thinking about enhancing your breasts? Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John A. Kotis offers his vast experience in breast augmentation to residents of Chicago, Arlington Heights, and the surrounding Illinois communities. Dr. Kotis’s compassionate, detail-oriented approach ensures the best results for all patients considering breast augmentation.
Breast Augmentation Procedure
A breast augmentation procedure, or mammoplasty, increases the size and proportion of a woman’s breasts. Dr. Kotis performs breast augmentations for many patients. During a breast augmentation, he places implants in front or behind the pectoral muscle and beneath the mammary gland. As a cosmetic option, a breast augmentation procedure can be performed in combination with a breast lift to create a more desired look.
What are the Different Kinds of Breast Implants?
Before a breast augmentation procedure, patients will choose a breast implant type and size. Each of the following implants provide different results for patients.
- Saline Implants – placed either behind or in front of the muscle before being filled with a salt water solution. This method allows patients to have smaller incisions.
- Silicone Implants- pre-filled implants. These implants may require slightly larger incisions, but offer patients a more natural shape and feel.
- Shaped Implants- include round and tear dropped implants. When inserted, these implants create a specific contour to the breasts. In addition, implants can be textured. Patients can choose implants with a smooth outer surface or ones with a textured surface, depending on which surgical results they desire.
- Gummy Bear Implants – a type of shaped implant, offers additional benefits. As opposed to other options, a gummy bear implant keeps its place within the breast. Patients are typically able to avoid implant-replacement surgeries with a gummy bear implant because they keep their shape as you age.
Follow Dr. Kotis’s Breast Augmentation Surgery’s (and all others) on Snap Chat @ drkotisplastics
Where are the Incisions for Breast Implants Located?
After a patient determines their implant shape and type, they can work with Dr. Kotis to determine the placement of their incisions. Each type of incision allows Dr. Kotis access to the breast tissue. The varying incision types offer distinct benefits.
- Periareolar Incision- is made around the areola or darkened area of the nipple. It is important to note that an incision of this type carries a higher risk. Patients may lose nipple sensitivity after a periareolar incision.
- Inframammary Incision – The most commonly used incision, an inframammary incision, is made below the breast. The incision is placed within the crease of the breast, so the scars are hidden. Unlike the periareolar incision, an inframammary incision rarely causes loss of nipple sensation.
- Axillary Incision- A transaxillary incision is another option. Dr. Kotis makes the incision in the armpit. Because patients’ incisions are located under the arm, they may avoid noticeable scarring around the breast.
- TUBA Incision- A transumbilical augmentation incision, or TUBA incision, is another conveniently-placed incision. Dr. Kotis makes this incision near the navel where he uses an endoscopic technique to place the implants. A thin tube, threaded through the incision, allows for remote placement. The scar from a TUBA incision is easily concealed.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
After a breast augmentation procedure with Dr. Kotis, patients are driven home by their designated caregiver. Patients will be given aftercare instructions to help speed up recovery.
Most patients experience swelling for the first few weeks after their procedure. During that time, patients may take medication for any discomfort. Patients will also wear supportive garments and bandages until their breasts heal.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost in Chicago, IL?
The cost of breast augmentation can vary among patients. The best way to predict the cost of the procedure is to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Kotis. There, he will speak about the options for the procedure and make the best recommendations based on your desired outcome for the procedure. Our office happily accepts cash, check and credit card, while also offering Prosper® and CareCredit® to all patients. Visit our financing page to learn more about our options.
We honor a written quote from any board certified plastic surgeon. Listed pricing is all inclusive – no hidden fees (includes pre-op, post-op visits and fees for the surgeons, facility, and anesthesia).
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John A. Kotis offers advanced techniques and technology to bring patients the very best results in breast augmentation. Residents of Chicago, Arlington Heights and surrounding Illinois communities can contact our office today to learn more about the benefits of breast augmentation.